Si Wu Kuai Du|四五快读*Simplified Chinese|HYPY*age4+岁
Author/ Illustrator: Yang Qi Duo
This set is dedicated to young kids from 4 to 5 years old and is a continuation from 二三快读. This is a highly recommended set of books for parents who wish to teach their own kids the Chinese language like a professional educator. Parents are guided on the proper teaching techniques while lessons are structured such that kids can revise and reinforce what they had learnt as they progress. For kids who had completed the 二三快读, it is not necessary to wait until they are 4 years old to start on this set.
This set of books will introduce 552 basic frequently used characters (单字), more than 1000 words (词语) and numerous phrase and sentences.
Many parents who follow the teaching method from this set of books persistently get amazing responses from their kids. You may google 四五快读 and find many good reviews about this set of books. After completing this set of books, some parents are even surprised by how their children can read books of much higher difficulty level, e.g. for 8-year old kids.
Total 8 books:
- 1st book: Guidance for parents, techniques on character and word recognition, lesson 1 to 10 – introduction to 88 characters, 166 words, 22 phrase, 10 sentences.
- 2nd book: Lesson 11 to 20 -- introduction to 88 characters, 200 words, 12 phrase, 7 sentences, 25 short essay.
- 3rd book: Lesson 21 to 30 -- introduction to 88 characters, 306 words, 28 short essay.
- 4th book: Lesson 31 to 40 -- introduction to 88 characters, 332 words, 7 short essay, 10 short stories.
- 5th book: Lesson 41 to 50 -- introduction to 89 characters, 358 words, 3 short essay, 10 short stories.
- 6th book: Lesson 51 to 60 -- introduction to 111 characters, 360 words, 11 short stories.
- 7th book: Revision, more examples and usage of words(扩词) and word families (字族字)
- 8th book: Stories – specially written utilizing words that had been introduced from the previous 7 books.
Flashcards are included for books 1 to 6 at the back.
Price: S$39.50 (Set of 8 books)
Language: Simplified Chinese
Recommended age: From 4 yrs old
Paperback; 26cm x 18.5cm